Nimbus in Wall Street Journal
Nimbus Launches DMO
AllSouth Selects Nimbus
for Video Delivery Site
Nimbus Integrates with NetForum for The National Society of Professional Engineers.
NSPE and Nimbus win the award for Best Member Experience NSPE's Web Site with Single Sign-on at the Avectra national users conference.
Atlanta, GA Jan. 25, 2008 - NSPE recently completed a complete visual and organizational update of our Web site, built for the professional engineering community. NSPE's new website was developed to integrate seamlessly with netFORUM using the Nimbus and netFORUM content management systems. In addition to eWeb having the same look and navigation of the NSPE site, one of its biggest features includes single sign-on (SSO) and instant access to member's only content upon joining the organization. In the past, NSPE maintained a separate SQL database that needed to be manually updated weekly with new member information.
The redesign started with a careful consideration for the look and usability we wanted for the new web site. Our experienced staff developed lists of problem areas and new features our community needed. We developed a vision for ways in which we could continue to add value to our members while also improving the overall online experience. The NSPE staff ultimately worked with multiple vendors in this effort:
MDG established the look, organization and flow of our main web site, and DSK significantly enhanced and extended the capabilities of netFORUM (eWeb) using the netFORUM Toolkit. The main site is powered by Nimbus Software's Content Management System (CMS).
- Melia Design Group (MDG)
- Nimbus Software (Nimbus)
- DSK solutions (DSK)
The expectations of the professional engineering community and NSPE staff both required NSPE to take action and accomplish the following objectives to enhance the experience for both our site visitors and our existing members:
Improve the job poster's online experience and streamline the posting process by offering the ability to:
- Improve the look, organization of information, and flow of our Web site
- Provide a robust search engine which can search through our main site, eWeb, documents, articles and other media we make available to our visitors and members.
- Implement SSO between the main site and netFORUM so our members can view protected content and manage their accounts without having to sign in to multiple systems
- Upon joining the organization, provide access to members-only content immediately
- Dynamically feature, yet serve from netFORUM, the 5 most recent job postings and at least 5 products (at random) each time a page is visited throughout our main web site
- Publish the posting immediately or save it for later
- Edit both pending and published postings, including the ability to show or hide them
- Automatic email notification 7 days prior to a posting's expiration
- Easily renew a posting
As the design and netFORUM efforts were drawing to a close, we faced the challenge of unifying the customer experience between the main site and eWeb. Through the flexibility of the Nimbus Suite and netFORUM systems (and assistance from Nimbus and DSK), we achieved this in less than 3 weeks!
The integration between netFORUM and Nimbus has solved many business problems affecting NSPE's bottom line and ability to provide first-class customer service to its current and new members.
About Nimbus Software
Melia Technologies (dba Nimbus Software) is a leading supplier of online marketing software. The Nimbus suite is a hosted solution that integrates all aspects of online marketing into one platform. Nimbus is designed and priced for growing businesses and non-profits. It provides users with the ability to conduct and report on comprehensive marketing campaigns by using modules which attach to the core CRM. These modules include web content management, email marketing, event registration, media management, ecommerce, and social networking. Nimbus Software is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., U.S.A. For more information, visit www.nimbussoftware.com